Now Hiring: Music Director
The synagogue is looking for a talented person to bring their love of music and Judaism to assist in the life of the community. This person will work up to 15 hours per month.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include
- Teaching music to children of all ages at cheder which meets on Sunday mornings.
- Musical participation in religious services on a regular basis, including planning new, varied approaches to service music. Services responsibilities include approximately two Shabbat services a month, including family Shabbat services, as well as some Jewish festivals.
- Assisting and encouraging the choir to learn and perform a variety of musical pieces
- Recruiting new choir members
- Plan and schedule rehearsals and performances
- Developing music throughout the community – including possible performances, concerts, etc.
- Provide musical leadership during services
- Plan and prepare special music for events throughout the year
- A good knowledge of Jewish music and Reform (or Progressive) Judaism.
- Ability to work confidently and comfortably with both children and adults.
- Ability to play an accompanying instrument such as guitar and/or piano is desirable
- Knowledge of Bromley Reform Synagogue’s customs and traditions is a bonus, but not mandatory
For More Information and To Apply
For more information about the post, please contact Rabbi Holtz by phone at the synagogue office, 020 8460 5460 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Janet Burlem, Synagogue Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org